The VISTA Philanthropy and Training Coordinator will help build awareness of the work we do at LAC, help us develop a junior counselor/counselor-in-training program to promote the field of adventure therapy and outdoor education among previous participants and more, and help our community learn about trauma-informed care to better serve all in our community.
More specifically, this person will:
- Build awareness of the work we do at Life Adventure Center to help build capacity and strengthen our annual giving program. This will include taking photographs and videos of programs and participants, and developing marketing materials for LAC.
- Develop a junior counselor/counselor-in-training program and recruit members from the ranks of our participants that are aging out of the partner groups we work with, and develop materials for a guidebook for Junior Counselors/Counselors-in-Training to include on-boarding information, networking with staff and other CITs, and possible career opportunities in the field of adventure therapy/outdoor education/experiential education, etc.
- Develop in-person or virtual training to educate partner groups and community partners about the importance of trauma-informed care, and how they can implement aspects of trauma-informed care into their own work. This will also include investigating best practices for after-care materials and working with LAC Staff and community partners to produce materials both for parents/guardians/teachers to reference AND for our participants can refer to when not at Life Adventure Center that will continue to build their resilience and self-regulation skills.
Qualifications to be a VISTA member:
- 18+ years old
- Able to pass background check
- Able to work up to 40 hours a week
- Able to complete 12-months of service
VISTA Philanthropy and Training Coordinator Full Description
All VISTA applicants must submit a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (please cc: email@example.com) and also apply on my.americorps.gov site.